Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hello Again...

About seven months ago, I arrived in Los Angeles. I was a scared 22 year old, fresh out of college, unsure of whether I could make it out here in Los Angeles. I'm 23 now and still unsure of that fact, but I am a bit more confident in my skills at navigating this fair city. I can go from North Hollywood to Torrance, then to LAX and finally a bar downtown without breaking a sweat. Okay, from time to time I get lost and find myself frantically searching through my map books to get home, but it gets rarer and rarer with each passing day.

However, this time around, we won't just be traveling and eating and bitching. No, that was necessary when I first got here and needed to get to know L.A. I still do, but now I have a fairly decent grasp of restaurants and points of interest so I don't feel so small in a city this large. I still remember my first trip to Tito's vividly and thank my sister for making me pursue what was probably one of the most worthwhile ventures since I've been here.

In my months I was away from blogging, I got a chance to work for Scrubs, one of my favorite TV shows, as well as the critically-acclaimed Cougar Town. Work was truly a joy. I have never laughed that hard in my life, I got my first exposure to 'The Industry' and can't wait for the next step. I also did a hell of a lot of driving for work, further helping my confidence on the streets of L.A. It was a wonderful experience, at times draining but satisfying in every respect. Oh, before I forget, watch season 9 of Scrubs on ABC or online at ABC.com. Check local listings for air dates and times. It's my blog. I can plug whatever the hell I want.

There will be some changes to the blog in this incarnation. There will be travelogues as before, but there will also be rants, raves, rankings, stories, a smattering of random thoughts and perhaps something funny here and there (maybe... I promise nothing). Submit any ideas you have to me if there is something you'd like me to write about, but otherwise I'll just write about whatever feels best at the moment. My mind is a frightening place, so guidance wouldn't be a terrible thing. That being said, I hope you enjoy and welcome back, my friends.

Andrew Gutin

No comments:

Post a Comment